Wednesday 30 October 2013

In the beginning


As I look back on the years that I have devoted to the research on my family tree, I’m always amazed with the facts and stories I have found.

The picture that is slowly emerging shows a family over run with tragedy, from falling from roofs to being hit by drunk drivers, it’s a wonder that I am even here.

Let me go back to the beginning.

I remember visiting with my Aunts and Uncles, as we would always go "a calling" on Sunday afternoons.

Back in the 60’s and 70’s that was what you did on a Sunday and I was always fascinated with the relationships between my Dad and his brother and sisters.

My Aunt Alice was the HEAD of the family and what she decreed was law.
My Aunt May was the sick lady; she always seemed to hurt somewhere.
My Uncle George was that big guy with the loud voice.
My Uncle Teddy always made my Dad laugh.
My Aunt Lucy was the pretty lady who always smiled.
My Uncle Manny was as good looking as my Dad.

These were the people I started with.

Left to right:
Top row Uncle Manny, my Dad, Uncle George
Second row: Aunt Alice and May
Bottom row: Uncle Teddy and Aunt Lucy
to be continued....

No comments:

Post a Comment